Timpuyog is a non-profit student run organization which strives to preserve the Ilokano identity through language, literature, and culture. The Timpuyog Organization is comprised of students enrolled within Ilokano and Indo-Pacific courses at the University of Hawaii at Manoa.
We believe in establishing a spirit of pride, emphasizing the advancement of the Ilokano language and culture, and providing opportunities for the meaningful exchanges of ideas.
The objectives of this organization are as follows:
- To serve the needs of students of the Ilokano language and theater program and others interested in the Ilokano the Ilokano language and Philippine culture.
- To promote the Ilokano language and Philippine culture in the community.
- To instill pride in our Ilokano heritage.
- To develop leadership skills among the students.
- To help students develop proficiency in Ilokano and awareness of Filipino traditions and values through meaningful language and culutral activities.
- To serve the community through cultural presentations.
- To encourage Ilokano students to speak Ilokano.
- To serve as role models for our Filipino youth.